I am challenging myself to post a photo each day of the year. I am hoping that this challenge will encourage me to keep my eyes open for the wonders around me, document a great year and improve my photography techniques.

Sunday, May 10, 2009

5-10-09 Lake Quinalt


5-10-09 Lake Quinalt, originally uploaded by roswellsgirl.

Lake Quinalt: A beautiful jewel in the Olympic National Park. This morning we took a beautiful drive around the lake driving through giant moss covered trees and by amazing waterfalls. A great way to start our day. This morning we at breakfast at a little dive in Amanda Park. Surrounded by this beauty, the residents are not your typical environmentalist. Logging this land is their bread and butter. The Spotted Owl is their enemy. Last night "Spotted Owl" pizza was on the menu. This morning we saw this spoof on hamburger helper at the little restaurant where we ate.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful - I love the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous scenery - hard to drink it all in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly live in a beautiful part of the world. I love the colours in the sky, the mountains and the lake. A lovely capture.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...