I am challenging myself to post a photo each day of the year. I am hoping that this challenge will encourage me to keep my eyes open for the wonders around me, document a great year and improve my photography techniques.

Sunday, September 6, 2009

9-6-09 Empty Nest


9-6-09 Empty Nest, originally uploaded by roswellsgirl.

Out picking apples in our backyard today and I found this nest on the ground. I've always thought that bird nests were cool. Looks to me like this one did a nice job of sheltering the young birds until they hatched and flew away leaving only a reminder of their youth. This empty nest made me think of my sister and brother-in-law who are experiencing the empty nest this week. With their youngest moving into a dorm and the oldest starting his student teaching. I know that they must be feeling kind of strange in a house with out children.Luckily, their little "birdies" have vehicles to return for visits, a great cell phone plan and internet to keep in touch.

1 comment:

  1. I think the empty nest must be easier for parents today with so many ways to keep in touch. I know texting and IM make it easy for me to stay in contact with my son that's attending college.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...