I am challenging myself to post a photo each day of the year. I am hoping that this challenge will encourage me to keep my eyes open for the wonders around me, document a great year and improve my photography techniques.

Friday, December 25, 2009

12-25-09 Eagle


12-25-09 Eagle, originally uploaded by roswellsgirl.

Erik had to work this morning on Christmas day. Sounds like a pretty cruddy thing to have to work at a Waste Water Treatment Plant on Christmas. But actually, he gets to see some amazing scenery daily. One of his plants is at Warm Beach Christian Camp. His plant overlooks wetlands, the Puget Sound and the Olympic Mountains. Roswell and I went on a frosty walk as Erik worked. We saw swans, ducks, hawks, eagles, herons, egrets and more. We saw several eagles. At one point two came flying over the lab fighting over something. Then a wing dropped to the ground. We thought that one of the eagles had lost it's wing. But upon closer inspection, we think that it was the wing of a snow goose. This is the best shot I could get of an eagle with my camera. Here are some other shots from our Christmas Morning at Warm Beach. www.flickr.com/photos/roswellsgirl/sets/72157622945993105...

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...