I am challenging myself to post a photo each day of the year. I am hoping that this challenge will encourage me to keep my eyes open for the wonders around me, document a great year and improve my photography techniques.

Friday, April 2, 2010

04-02-10 Poppy Reserve


04-02-10 Poppy Reserve, originally uploaded by roswellsgirl.

Heading from Phoenix to Fresno today, Erik and I decided to go to the Antelope Hills Poppy Reserve near Lancaster. The poppies and other wildflowers were beautiful. I know that Erik suggested going, because last year, we saw 3 rattlesnakes. This year, no snakes, but lots of beautiful flowers and a great walk. It was way windy so very hard to get close ups of still wildflowers. The wildflowers are really beautiful closeup, but the real story here is how the hills are carpeted by thousands of flowers.

2 comments:

  1. o i love this gorgeous hillside. it reminds me of parts of california when the yellow-orange poppies cover the hillsides. i live in a hill-less place and i love the restful rolling vista. nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a treat for the eyes! I'd love to see something like this some day. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...