I am challenging myself to post a photo each day of the year. I am hoping that this challenge will encourage me to keep my eyes open for the wonders around me, document a great year and improve my photography techniques.

Monday, June 28, 2010

06-27-10 Happy Trails


06-27-10 Happy Trails, originally uploaded by roswellsgirl.

We celebrated our 12th anniversary today. We headed to Great Basin National Park from Ely with stops at a huge copper mine in Ruth and some old charcoal ovens. We enjoyed lunch at the Electrolux Cafe in sleepy little Baker, Nevada before heading into the park. We toured Leyman Caves one of the many caves within the park. We found the perfect campsite with a roaring river right next to the site. We went for a nice walk as the sun set. Was hoping for some great star watching, but with a full moon, it was almost light daylight. All in all, a great start to another year of marriage.

2 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! I wish you many more healthy and happy years together. I love the shadows in this shot. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just been blog-surfing and stumbled onto your blog. This photo is so wonderful I am compelled to comment on it. What I love about it is how it perfectly captures the essence of being in that red rock country. I have been there and that's how I saw and felt it. If that photograph was for sale, I would have to buy it. Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...