I am challenging myself to post a photo each day of the year. I am hoping that this challenge will encourage me to keep my eyes open for the wonders around me, document a great year and improve my photography techniques.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

06-29-10 The Narrows


06-29-10 The Narrows, originally uploaded by roswellsgirl.

This morning we got up and went to Zion National Park to hike the Narrows. Have to say, that even though I have done this before, the idea of hiking through a narrow canyon in a river seemed a bit scary. But, it turned out to be a great adventure. Wish that my photos were better, but we just took our little water proof point and shoot. I was so surprised to see others hiking waist deep against the current over slippery rocks with their $1000 cameras. This hike made for great memories and we saw some amazing sites. We started by hiking in one mile on a trail and then we stepped into the river and kept going for about 3 hours as we made our way into a very narrow steep canyon. The beautifully carved canyon had hanging gardens and high above, was a slit of the bluest sky you have ever seen. At times, the hike was pretty difficult, but neither Erik or I wiped out. After a day in the river, we headed to Cedar City for the evening. My guess is that both of us will be sore from navigating the current and slippery rocks tomorrow. But it will only add to the memories.

3 comments:

  1. SO gorgeous -- what an adventure! This is definitely on my wish list of places to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful experience. I agree with you, I'd definitely be packing my point and shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing. I've always wanted to go there and now your photo makes me want to go more. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...