I am challenging myself to post a photo each day of the year. I am hoping that this challenge will encourage me to keep my eyes open for the wonders around me, document a great year and improve my photography techniques.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

08/21/11 Clear Cut

08/21/11 Clear Cut by roswellsgirl
08/21/11 Clear Cut, a photo by roswellsgirl on Flickr.

Via Flickr:
I am always saddened by seeing clear cuts in the beautiful rain forest. Most of the giants from this view are gone years ago. Exploring the forest you can find great stumps of cedar trees that must have been 1000 years old before they were cut early last century. The trees you see were planted about 40 years ago. They are now beginning to cut those trees. Our property is the still forested area in the middle of the picture. We are going to continue to enjoy watching our trees grow.

1 comment:

  1. It seems to happen everywhere and the replanting is nothing like the original forests.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...