I am challenging myself to post a photo each day of the year. I am hoping that this challenge will encourage me to keep my eyes open for the wonders around me, document a great year and improve my photography techniques.

Saturday, February 4, 2012

02-04-12 A Trip to Boundary Bay

Reifel Migratory Bird SanctuaryBoundary BayBirder Papparazi Photographing OwlsFoggy PhotographyFog Bow at Boundary BayBirder Papparazi Photographing Owls in the Fog
Snowy Owl, Boundary Bay. BCBirder Papparazi Photographing OwlsBirder Papparazi Photographing OwlsSnowy Owl, Boundary Bay, BCSnowy Owl, Boundary Bay, BCSnowy Owl, Boundary Bay, BC
Serious CameraBoundary Bay, BCBoundary Bay, BCReifel Migratory Bird SanctuaryReifel Migratory Bird SanctuaryReifel Migratory Bird Sanctuary
Reifel Migratory Bird SanctuaryReifel Migratory Bird SanctuaryMallard, Reifel Migratory Bird SanctuarySandhill Crane, Reifel Migratory Bird SanctuarySandhill Crane, Reifel Migratory Bird SanctuarySandhill Crane, Reifel Migratory Bird Sanctuary

Boundary Bay. BC, a set on Flickr.

I am cheating a bit today and not picking just one shot. Today, Erik and I went up to Boundary Bay in B.C. Our goal was to see the Snowy Owls that only make it this far south about once every 6 years. The forecast was for sunny skies so I was really excited about the possibilities. We got there to find the whole bay socked in with fog. But myself and the million other photographers tried anyway to get shots of these amazing birds. After waiting on the sun, we searched in vain for an Indian restaurant and then headed to the Reifel Migratory Bird Sanctuary. This was a fun place with plenty of opportunities to take photos of wild birds. The place was thick with Mallards. But the highlight for me was the Sand Hill Cranes. I heard rumors of a Barred Owl, but didn't find it. Oh well, we will return. When we crossed the border, the agent asked where we had been. Erik said Boundary Bay to look for Owls. The guy said, "she's way more into this than you right?" And this was probably true, but Erik was a great sport. It was a fun day to be out and enjoying nature and each other.

1 comment:

  1. You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter to be actually something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I am looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
    Nikon D5100 16.2MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S DX VR Nikkor Zoom Lens

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...